Early orthodontic treatment
As parents we all want to give our children the best start in life – and that includes giving them great teeth. Establishing an effective oral hygiene routine early on in your child’s life is important and will help set them up for clean, healthy teeth in the years to come. However, there is more you can do, such as bringing them in for an early consultation with an orthodontist.
Why does my child need an orthodontic consultation?
An early consultation with an orthodontist can identify any future problems your child may have with their teeth. Even at this early age while your child’s teeth and jaws are still developing, an orthodontist will be able to identify any abnormalities that may be beginning to occur. This allows both the orthodontist, and you as the parent, to plan for any future treatment your child may need.
In short, bringing your child in for an early consultation with an orthodontist is a proactive measure in dental care.
Benefits of early orthodontic treatment
- Identifies problems before they get too big
- Allows the child to feel comfortable in an orthodontic environment
- Enables parents to plan financially for any treatment
- Reinforces the importance of an oral hygiene routine
- Reduces the potential for any major treatment